Gwyneth and I agree that peanut butter might just be the tastiest stuff on earth. While Gwyneth prefers hers straight up in a Kong, I’ve discovered a few recipes that are perfect ways to enjoy this super food post-workout.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oatmeal
Recipe adapted from The Fitnessista
The minute we saw this recipe on The Fitnessista, we knew this was going to go into heavy rotation in our breakfast menu. If you’ve tried and liked the Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Cookie Dough Balls, then this recipe is right up your alley. Here’s our variation of the recipe.
1T natural peanut butter
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (we like Designer Whey)
1c skim milk
- Combine oats, protein powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract and Splenda in bowl.
- Add 1T peanut butter and mix until oats resemble cookie dough.
- Top with skim milk.
Makes 1 serving.
Peanut Butter & Honey Protein Bars
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows
These squares are tasty, easy to make and freeze on Sunday and a new staple in my gym bag. Angela’s original recipe has a layer of chocolate on top. We didn’t have chocolate chips on hand, but thought the recipe was great without it. Click here for the chocolate-layered recipe.
1c crisp cereal (we used gluten-free rice Chex)
1c old-fashioned oats
2 scoops protein powder (we used Designer Whey Chocolate)
1/2c natural peanut butter
2t vanilla extract
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In small bowl, combine honey and peanut butter.
- Microwave honey-peanut butter mixture for 45 seconds, and stir in vanilla
- Add dry and wet ingredients to stand mixer and combine on lowest speed.
- Press mixture into 9 x 9 pan and freeze 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and store in freezer.
Makes 16 post-workout treats.
mk & Gwyneth