Megan over at A Lived In Home was so thoughtful to tag us in 11 Questions! Meeting new blogger friends and seeing all of their fabulous projects is the real fun in all of this, so we’re very excited to play along!
11 Questions is simple. Here’s what you do when you’re tagged:
1. Post the rules.
2. Answer the 11 questions, then create 11 new ones for the tagged bloggers to answer.
3. Tag 11 bloggers and link to them in your post.
4. Let them know you tagged them.
Here are Megan’s questions for me and Gwyneth:
1. Whose design work do you most admire?
2. Do you prefer a kitchen with white cabinets, stained cabinets or maybe neither?
Neither. We love the look of open shelving and one day hope to have a kitchen as darling as these two are:
3. Where would your dream vacation take place?
Gwyneth and I would split up on this one. I would head straight to Bora Bora (the Hilton’s Presidential Villa doesn’t look too shabby):
4. Salty or sweet foods?
5. What color do you use most often in your designs?
6. When and where in your home do you blog?
We blog in the home office in the corner of our living room. We usually blog at night, but we’re trying to be better about sleep this year. We have a “No Pinterest Past 9 pm” rule that’s helped us stop staying up until 3am pinning, planning future projects and blogging.
7. Where do you pull most of your inspiration from?
8. What holiday do you most enjoy decorating for?
Christmas is the only holiday we’ve really decorated for, and we had the best time filling our tiny space with big holiday spirit this year! But we are loving some of the Easter ideas we’ve seen on Pinterest, and are going to try to bring a few to life in the next week!
9. What has been your biggest design dilemma?
Hands down, lack of space! Our recent closet makeover was a life changer! But in the spirit of full disclosure, our entry and linen closets are total nightmares! Organizing one closet is kind of like wearing Spanx. The excess just gets redistributed!
Dividing the living area from the bedroom was another big challenge, but we could not be more pleased with our Expedit bookcase that we’re using as a room divider!
10. What is your best DIY project / idea?
11. Do you prefer to repurpose furniture of purchase new pieces?
There are some beautiful new pieces out there that we adore, but there’s nothing more gratifying than repurposing or restoring an old piece. Gwyneth and I are especially fond of repurposing pieces we find while dumpster diving. We’ve got this Dumpster Dive Find stored under the bed and can’t wait to figure out what do to with it!
Now, here are the 11 bloggers Gwyneth and I are tagging to keep the fun going! Gwyneth and I love these blogs and recommend them as high-quality reading material!
Melissa at The Inspired Room
Melody at Chatty Chics
Michael at Blue Velvet Chair
Nan at Moving Stuff Around
Pam at Simple Details
Should you choose to accept, your 11 questions are:
1. What is your go-to place for inspiration?
2. What recipe do you find yourself making over and over again?
3. If you could Pin one photo and have it magically appear in our home, what would that photo be?
4. If you didn’t live in your current city, where would you live?
5. What has been your biggest design challenge?
6. What is your favorite thing about your home?
7. Which DIY project are you most proud of?
8. What are your favorite color combinations to decorate with or wear?
9. When and where in your home do you blog?
10. Flats or heels?
11. What’s the #1 goal you want to accomplish in 2012?
Thanks again for thinking of us, Megan!
mk & Gwynnie