The bracelet on the far left is simply extra jewels glued onto a cuff that had seen better days. The pink wrapped bracelet is a from pin I’m sure you’ve all seen a few million times (tutorial here), and the silver/gold/rhinestone chain bracelet is another popular pin from I Spy DIY (tutorial here). The pom-pom chain bracelet is one Gwyneth and I DIY’d after falling in love with a $285 Matthew Williamson creation.
Here’s the how-to:
- Gather your supplies:
- Bracelet-length chain
- Two colors of embroidery thread (1 skein of each color)
- 1 foot thin leather cord
- 1 foot gold floral wire
- 1 foot small beads
- Mini pom-pom trim (the same length as your chain)
- Pliers (not pictured)
- Bracelet closure (not pictured)
- Needle (not pictured)
- Tie thread, cord and beads in a knot. Section off so one part is color 1, another part is color 2 and the third part is your cord and beads.
- Braid and secure loose end (we used a small binder clip).
- Weave braid through chain (over, under, over, under, etc) and knot loose end.
- Line up your pom-pom trim along chain.
- Push first pom-pom through chain and secure around knot with floral wire.
- Thread needle with floral wire and loop around pom-pom trim, through each chain.
- Continue until you reach the end of the chain.
- Secure end of floral wire around end knot and attach bracelet closures with floral wire.