We planned on resisting the mandarin madness, but Gwyneth and I saw this Tibi Silk Maxi Dress and decided to take one baby step on the color wheel over to orange.
Tibi Silk Maxi Dress from Saks Fifth Avenue
I mean, seriously. Seriously!!
And what started as a crush on this orange and pink stunner, soon turned into a full-blown love affair with all things neon orange and pink.
1. Viscid Watch from Anthropologie
2. DvF Mini Stephanie Bag from Bergdorf Goodman
3. Silk Maxi Dress from Saks
4. Scuba Skater Dress from Topshop
5. Leigh and Luca Scarf from Pink Mascara
6. Alexander McQueen Pink Racer Dress from SSense
7. Nine West Sandals from 6pm
8. Neon Skinny Belts from Boutique to You (We’d love to wear two together!)
9. Xhilaration Top Handle Handbag from Target
10. Pour La Victoire Sandals from Endless
We chose the responsible road and purchased the Topshop Scuba Skater Dress, knowing we could recreate what we loved about the Tibi Silk Maxi Dress by shopping the plethora of pink pieces in our closet. Here’s what we dreamed up while our dress was in transit:
1. CZ Studs from Nordstrom
2. Scuba Skater Dress from Topshop
3. Andraya Necklace from Pink Mascara
4. Kenneth Jay Lane Bangles from Neiman Marcus Last Call
5. Metallic Skinny Belt from Eddie Bauer
6. Big Buddha Nelly Bag from Zappos
7. Pour La Victoire Sandals from Heels
When it arrived yesterday, both of our tails were wagging as I ripped open the package. Gwyneth’s stopped as soon as she realized there wasn’t a new toy inside the package. Mine stopped as soon as I realized there wasn’t really a dress in there either. What we found inside was actually a dress so short, it should be considered a hat. And because we like you, we’ll only share this photo to prove our point: