If you follow us on Instagram, you saw that Gwyneth and I did a little “sprucing up” over the weekend. Since we’re spending a little more time in the home office these days (here’s why if you’re catching up), we decided to give our bulletin board a makeover with leftover fabric from our DIY Upholstered Chair and nailhead trim leftover from our DIY Upholstered Headboard. When we finished staplegunning the fabric and adding the nailhead trim, Gwyneth and I started pinning what inspires us back onto the board.
Kate Spade pretty much nailed it, don’t you think? (Side Note: If you’d like to print out one of these goodies for yourself, you can find it on our “Good Words” pinboard.)
Living in NYC, we absolutely appreciate that fashion is a serious, multi-billion dollar business. But every morning when we’re shopping in our closet, it’s an opportunity to play dress up and to make fashion fun. So although we live in a city where most people wear black, today we’re going with a few of the things that make fashion fun for us – color and sparkle.
1. Elizabeth Cole XOXO Earrings from Zhush
2. Lucian Matis Sequin Shoulder Sweater (similar style at Farfetch)
3. Skinny Patent Leather Belt (old, but similar style at Zappos)
4. Wool Mini Skirt from J. Crew (15 years old, people! But similar style at Saks)
5. Hot Pink Tights from Modcloth
6. Valentino Bag from Gena Chandler
7. DIY Glitter Booties
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie
Part of the Link Party at: