Our love for feathered apparel hasn’t changed since we shared our DIY No-Sew Feather Dress last Spring. Also unchanged is our lack of sewing skills. So when we wanted to update our classic black blazer with feather trim, Gwyneth and I knew we’d need another solution that didn’t involve a sewing machine. This time around our technique for adding trim is easy and removable, so we’ll be prepared if one day we decide less is more. Because that’s likely to happen…
Want one for yourself? Here’s the how-to!
- Feather trim, the same length as the bottom of your jacket. (We got ours from M&J Trimmings, and their selection is insane!)
- Sew-on snaps, enough to place one every 3 inches along the bottom of your jacket.
Y’all, this is so easy. All you have to do is lie your jacket flat and pin your trim in place along the bottom.
Then hang it up or try it on to make sure it’s looking good.
Then start at one end, remove the first pin and hand stitch one side of a snap to the inside of your jacket and the other side to the top of the trim. (Note: save yourself frustration by making sure the two pieces snap together correctly before you start sewing.) Repeat this process every three inches until you’re done!
1. Gold Chevron Drop Earrings from BaubleBar
2. Lace Blouse from Anthropologie (old, but similar style at Dorothy Perkins)
3. Tinley Road Bleecker Blazer (back in stock!) from Piperlime
4. Classic Pave Chain Link Bracelet from J. Crew
5. Michael Kors Gold Watch from Charlotte’s
6. Triple Wrap Tassel Bracelet from Emily Kammeyer Accessories
7. Valentino Bag from Gena Chandler
8. J Brand 901 Waxed Denim from Net-A-Porter
9. Kate Spade Python Heels (old, but similar style at Shoeline)
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwyneth
Part of the Link Parties at: