It’s always smart to consider the source, but Gwyneth and I believe the way to make a basic better is to bedazzle it. So that’s just what we did. Gwyneth and I shopped our closet for our classic trench and picked up a few 9×9 mm pyramid studs from M&J Trimming to make our DIY Studded Trench.
You don’t need a tutorial to try this at home – this DIY could not be easier. Just gently press the studs through the top side of the fabric and use a small set of pliers to fold the prongs down on the other side.
Other than the studs and pliers, all you need is time. The semi-circle design we did on the sleeves of our trench took 240 studs total. We’ve spent the past week working on ours a little bit at a time, but we’d estimate we spent a total of four hours applying the studs. If Gwyneth didn’t take her role as Quality Assurance so seriously – standing on my lap and carefully examining each stud I applied – it might have gone a little quicker.
1. Andara Dark Green Dangle Earrings from Max & Chloe
2. Monogram Necklace from Charlotte’s
3. Striped Tee from Anthropologie (old, but similar style at Piperlime)
4. DKNY Trench from Nordstrom
1. Cat Eye Sunglasses from Old Navy (old, but similar style at Urban Outfitters)
2. Max Studio Tutu (old, but similar style at Shopbop)
3. Shopper Basket Handbag from Zara (out of stock, but similar style at Stylebop)
4. Nude Patent Pumps (old, but similar style at Nordstrom)
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwyneth
Part of the Link Parties at: