With 5 rings, 3 patterns and 1 very sequined piece, today’s outfit might be our favorite ensemble ever. We just hope it doesn’t give anyone a seizure. NYC pedestrians, you’ve been warned.
The synapses of our brains began firing irregularly when we discovered our J. Crew Collection Sequin Stripe Midi Skirt was not only on major sale – it’s an additional 30% off until Sunday the 28th with the code OURTREAT. If you love
a little a lot of sparkle like we do and want to get a much better deal than we did, please see the shopping guides below. Also, please be gentle when you report back with news of your big steal. We’re still recovering from the shock.
1. Elizabeth Cole ‘XOXO’ Earrings from Zhush
2. Men’s Selvedge Utility Shirt from J. Crew
3. Polka Dot Sweater from Madewell (old, but similar style at Piperlime)
4. Collection Sequin Stripe Midi Skirt from J. Crew
5. Spot Animal Clutch from ASOS
6. Boutique 9 Nude Patent Pumps from GILT (old, but similar style at Nordstrom)
1. Michael Kors Watch from Charlotte’s
2. Classic Pave Chain Link Bracelet from J. Crew
3. Gold Arrow Ring from BaubleBar
4. Zig Zag Stackable Rings from ASOS
5. Rose Gold Knuckle Ring from GLAMROCKS Designs
6. Eiffel For The Color OPI Nail Lacquer from Drugstore.com
We love seeing more and more people wearing and decorating with layered prints, so we know most of you are already mix masters. But we’re on a mission to inspire anybody and everybody to enjoy a daily game of dress up. So for those of you who haven’t tried the trend, here’s how to shop your closet and mix patterns in two steps:
- Identify the color that makes you the happiest. Shop your closet, and pull out the patterned separates and accessories with your “happy hue.”
- See what combinations of tops, bottoms and accessories you can make, keeping in mind:
- Two geometric prints + one floral or one animal print = an easy win.
- Avoid using all of the same colors in all three pieces. The “happy hue” is your anchor. Otherwise, we’re mixing it up!
So in today’s example:
- Pink is our happy hue (duh).
- Polka dot white/pink top + Striped taupe/green/pink/rust skirt + Leopard pink/green/red bag = our latest favorite outfit.
Let’s review what we’ve learned today:
- Layering patterns is easy and can be done in two steps with your existing inventory.
- Go easy on us when you’re bragging about the deal you got on our sequin skirt.
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie
Part of the Link Party at: