I really wanted to play along with the sheer shirt trend this summer. But every time I stood in the closet wearing my sheer, colorblocked, high-low racerback tank, Gwyneth gave me the “Mommy, you are way too old to wear that out of the apartment” look from her perch on the end of the bed. She was right, and the tank went back.
Then we found this top from ASOS. With a blazer, it’s prim, proper and perfect for daytime…
1. Cat Eye Sunglasses from Old Navy (old, but similar style at Urban Outfitters)
2. Elizabeth Cole ‘XOXO’ Earrings from Zhush
3. Boucle Top with Mesh Back from ASOS
4. Bubble Necklace from J. Crew
5. Balenciaga Classic First Tote from Barney’s
6. Pixie Pant from J. Crew
7. Charles David Suede Platform Heels (old, but similar style at Neiman Marcus Last Call)
Then when it’s appropriate (and if you have to ask, it’s not), take off the blazer for a little game of peek-a-boo.
1. Gold and Rhinestone Bangles (old, but similar style at Shop The Shoebox)
2. Triple Wrap Tassel Bracelet from Emily Kammeyer Accessories
3. Essie Macks Nail Polish from Zappos
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie