Since discovering e.l.f. Cosmetics last year, their lipsticks, blushes, eyeshadows, liners and mascaras are taking over our makeup tackle box (yes, we said makeup tackle box, not makeup bag). We’ve found their quality goes head-to-head with much more expensive brands, but with much lower price points they make trying new makeup looks accessible for any trend-loving-gal-on-a-budget. Try them for yourself, and you’ll find you can stop putting your money where your mouth is. Put it in your closet instead.
Speaking of closets…when the e.l.f. gals asked if I wanted to come to their NYC studio to get my makeup done, Gwyneth and I went right to our closet and shopped for the perfect outfit to go with the bold, red lips and cat eyes they wanted to create. Here’s what we came up with:
1. Cat Eye Sunglasses from Old Navy (old, but similar style at Urban Outfitters)
2. Gold Chevron Drop Earrings from BaubleBar
3. Plaid Scarf from J. Crew (old, but similar style at Banana Republic)
4. Men’s Chambray Utility Shirt from J. Crew
5. Classic Pave Chain Link Bracelet from J. Crew
6. Michael Kors Watch from Charlotte’s
7. Neon and Metallic Snake Triple Wrap Bracelets from Emily Kammeyer Accessories
8. Gold and Rhinestone Bangles from J. Crew (old, but similar style at Shop The Shoebox)
9. Metallic Tweed Skirt from LOFT (old, but similar style at Nordstrom)
10. Spanx Tight End Tights from Shopbop
11. DvF Drew Tote from Gena Chandler (old, but simiar style at Shopbop)
12. Stuart Weitzman Knee High Suede Boots from Farfetch
13. So, So, Stellar Press on Manicure c/o ImPRESS (available at Walgreens)
So while Gwyneth napped, I headed over to the Eyes Lips Face NYC Studio.
While the e.l.f. gals, Elle and Patti got ready to make me over, I checked out the goods. Naturally, I started at the wall of pink lipsticks and glosses!
But it’s always smart to try new things, and this trip wasn’t about pink. Instead, we’d going a little more glam. With a small army of products, Patti was going to do just that.
Hellllllo, eyelashes! This is when I decided that Patti needs to come over every day and do my makeup. Patti, does that work for you?
While I’m sure that sounds enticing, Elle and Patti put together a tutorial so I and all of y’all can recreate the look on our own. It’s right here on the e.l.f blog if you want to try it for yourselves! (And trust me, you want to. I’ve never gotten so many compliments on my makeup in my life. For real. I’m talking Random-Man-on-the-Street-Stopped-Me and The-Guy-In-My-Deli-Didn’t-Recognize-Me compliments.)
Thanks so much, gals!
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie