From our research, choosing an outfit you love is more effective than a cup of coffee if you want to bounce out the door and start your day wearing the very best accessory – a smile. It’s dress up for adults, and if we’ve said it once we’ve said it a million times – fashion should be fun.
But fashion is surrounded with serious issues – ones that spark heated and angry debates. Usually, we steer clear of these topics – not because we lack opinions, but because we’d rather spend our time mixing patterns and accessorizing than arguing over the weight and age of runway models and the First Lady wearing shorts. But what do you do when your personal style collides with one of the most controversial fashion issues of all time? We’re talking about wearing fur. As if the country doesn’t have enough to get fired up about today.
Above all, this blog is about honesty and keepin’ it real. As a close second, it’s about emphasizing the personal in personal style. While I don’t have many real fur pieces, I do have a few that I enjoy wearing. And today you’ll see one of them. Specifically, I am wearing a Badgley Mischka Cropped Racoon Jacket. While I enjoy it, I can appreciate if you don’t. Thankfully there are options for everyone’s personal style, so you will find both real and faux choices in the shopping guides below. I’m not asking for you to agree with the option I chose. But I do ask that you don’t throw ketchup at me, please. I’m also wearing white after Labor Day.
1. Soiree Studs from Stella & Dot
2. Badgley Mischka Fur from Gena Chandler (similar faux style at Forever 21)
3. White Ponte Knit Dress from Tibi (old, but similar style at Banana Republic)
4. Theory Cashmere Sweater (old, but similar style at LastCall.com)
5. Embellished Bib Necklace from Nordstrom (old, similar style in their big sale now!)
6. Classic Pave Chain Link Bracelet from J. Crew
7. Michael Kors Watch from Charlotte’s
8. DIY Rhinestone Square Bracelet
9. Valentino Nuage Medium Hobo from Gena Chandler
10. Spanx Tight Eng Tights from Bloomingdale’s
11. Stuart Weitzman Molten Boots (for an amazing 45% off) at 6pm
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwyneth
Part of the Link Party at: