The line between chic and costume is particularly thin for some trends, and crossing into costume territory usually winds up being both comedy and tragedy. We all know to watch out for nautical as a trend avoid going overboard on (See what I did there?), but others can be harder to spot. And speaking of spots…For someone who loves a good pattern or three, I seldom wear polka dots. Even though Kate Spade put the retro print back on our radar and showed us all spots could be stylish, the sweet print feels less dainty and more dress-up when I put it on.
Since the thought of missing out on a trend keeps the two of us up at night, Gwyneth and I shopped our closet to put together a polka dotted look we love. With
leather pleather being another trend served best in moderation, we thought our Wet Look Leggings would be just enough spice to balance out the sweetness of our Polka Dot Chiffon Scarf.
1. Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Sunglasses from Piperlime
2. Rhinestone Drop Earrings from Forever 21 (old, but similar style available at BaubleBar)
3. Essential Lipstick in Sociable c/o e.l.f. Cosmetics
4. Elegant Polka Dot Chiffon Scarf c/o PersunMall
5. Selvedge Chambray Utility Shirt from J. Crew
6. Tinley Road Bleecker Blazer from Piperlime (finally back in stock!)
7. Rimmel London Nail Polish in Posh Pink
8. Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag from Piperlime (orange back in stock!)
9. Wet Look Leggings from Dorothy Perkins (PS: entire site is 25% off through the 24th!)
10. DV by Dolce Vita Flame Snake Loafers from Piperlime (now on major sale!)
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie