Let’s be honest. Neither Gwyneth nor I have ever met a sequin we didn’t like. In fact, it’s getting tough to put together an outfit without one. Because somehow, every basic in the closet has become bedazzled.
While generally a plus, this almost proved to be a problem yesterday morning. After settling on distressed skinny jeans and my twill sequin sleeve jacket for the daily game of dress-up, I started shopping the closet for a navy and white striped top to go underneath. Turns out the two navy and white striped tops in my possession are (you guessed it) sequined.
I’m not gonna lie – I thought about it. But then I thought about my co-workers being confused as to why Liza Minnelli had shown up at their Tuesday morning staff meeting. Thankfully I unearthed an oldie-but-goodie black and tan alternative from the back of the closet and scooted out the door with just enough time to make my 9 am. But I did throw on a pair of gold, python point-toe heels first. Because you know, I wouldn’t want to be plain or anything.
1. Karen Walker Harvest Sunglasses from Shopbop
2. Elizabeth Cole “XOXO” Earrings from Zhush (old, but similar style at Bloomingdale’s)
3. Chanel Luminous Matte Lip Color in L’exuberante from Nordstrom
4. Black & Tan Striped Top from Nordstrom (old, but similar style at Lord & Taylor)
5. ONE by Faubourg du Temple Twill Jacket With Sequin Sleeves from Shopbop
6. Michael Kors Watch From Charlotte’s
7. Gold & Rhinestone Bangles from J. Crew (old, but similar style at Nordstrom)
8. Classic Pave Chain Link Bracelet from J. Crew
9. David Yurman Pave Crossover Ring
10. Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Daytripper from Beauty.com
11. Valentino Nuage Tote from Neiman Marcus
12. Joe’s Skinny Distressed Jeans from Piperlime
13. Kate Spade Gold Python Point-Toe Heels (old, but similar style at Nordstrom)
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie
PS: Have you entered our $150 giveaway to Luxe No.7 yet? What are you waiting for? Get on that right here!