If you’re like us – not ready to put your Summer palette behind you, then here’s a take on fitting in florals for Fall. We never think it’s nice to send your warm weather wardrobe into lonely hibernation, and the concept feels particularly unreasonable when that warm weather wardrobe includes a serious steal like our floral print tweed Dolce & Gabbana find from Nordstrom Rack. (How we saved $999 on this little buried treasure right here.)
So before packing up your sleeveless Summer shifts, we’d recommend taking another look. Because come Fall, they can easily become Fall jumpers with a little layering – just add a basic button down. Enter the world’s most versatile shirt – J.Crew’s Men’s Selvedge Chambray. This staple is in serious heavy rotation over here, as you’ve likely noticed. But versatility aside, there are a few more reasons it’s an essential. It’s from men’s line, so you get the classic, no-fuss, utilitarian look you want in a chambray. But it comes in a slim cut option, so you can skip the side of bulk when layering. The objective is to keep your wardrobe out of hibernation, but you don’t want to look like you’re storing up for Winter in the process. If you’re ready to pull the trigger and purchase online but aren’t sure what size to order, we recommend going down two sizes. I’m a S/M in J.Crew’s women’s line, and I’m wearing the men’s XS here.
1. Karen Walker Harvest Sunglasses from Shopbop
2. Pave Hoop Earrings from Nordstrom
3. Chanel Luminous Matte Lip Color in L’exuberante from Nordstrom
4. Men’s Selvedge Chambray Shirt from J.Crew
5. Dolce & Gabbana Floral Tweed Dress from Nordstrom Rack (sold out, but similar style here and here)
6. Michael Kors Watch From Charlotte’s
7. Classic Pave Chain Link Bracelet from J. Crew
8. Essie Nail Polish in Power Clutch from Beauty.com
9. Brown Leather Shoulder Bag (vintage, but similar style at Nordstrom)
Looking for more ways to transform your treasures? Check out another take on perma-Spring pairing here.
Shop This Post:
mk & Gwynnie