Last week, in response to this post, you asked us if we had a recommendation for a great Bloody Mary recipe. And because we love you and we love cocktails that are socially acceptable to drink before noon, we did a little research on your behalf. Turns out, we found the recipe for the tastiest Bloody Mary around in one of our favorite coffee table books, Kate Spade’s Things We Love.
The book includes this delicious source of
vodka vegetables from New York City’s Mermaid Inn, plus hundreds of other pages that any reasonable person would enjoy diving into and living in for a few days.
Want to try one of these charming cocktails for yourself? We thought so. Here’s the Mermaid Inn recipe (with our substitutions noted):
- 2oz vodka (Mommy likes Grey Goose)
- 4oz tomato juice
- 2t worcestershire sauce
- 2t horseradish
- 1/4t Old Bay seasoning
- pinch fresh, ground black pepper
- 4t dijon mustard
- 4 shakes tabasco
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 squeeze lime
- 1 boiled cocktail shrimp (substituted olives and celery)
- 1 cocktail pickle
- Mix together all ingredients except vodka and garnishes.
- Rim a glass with lemon and old bay
- Add 2 oz vodka over ice and fill with Bloody Mary mix
- Garnish with skewered pickle, shrimp, olives, celery, lemon and lime wedges, go crazy.
Makes 1 cocktail, so double, triple or quadruple the recipe as needed. We won’t judge you.
mk & Gwynnie